Cracked screens are one of the most common and frustrating issues that smartphone owners face. Not only do they make it difficult to use your phone, but they can also be expensive to repair or replace.
Fortunately, T-Mobile offers insurance coverage for cracked screens and other types of damage through their Protection <360>® and device protection plans.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at T-Mobile’s insurance coverage for cracked screens, including what’s covered, how to file a claim, and how much it costs.
Whether you’re a new T-Mobile customer or you’ve been with the company for years, this guide will help you understand your options for protecting your phone against screen damage.
What is T-Mobile Insurance?
T-Mobile offers several insurance plans to protect your device, including Protection 360 and the Insurance Device Protection Plan. These plans cover accidental damage, loss, and theft of your device.
With Protection 360, you can make unlimited claims for hardware service (mechanical breakdown) and up to five claims for accidental damage, loss, or theft within any rolling 12-month period based on the date of the first claim. Deductibles range from $29 to $249, depending on the device.
The Insurance Device Protection Plan covers accidental damage, loss, and theft. Deductibles range from $10 to $249, depending on the device. You can make up to two claims within any 12-month period.
To enroll in either plan, you must do so within 30 days of making a qualified T-Mobile device purchase, lease, or finance, subject to a visual and mechanical inspection.
It is important to note that these plans do not cover intentional damage, cosmetic damage that does not affect the device’s functionality or damage caused by unauthorized repairs or modifications. Additionally, if you cancel your T-Mobile service, you will no longer be covered by the insurance plan.
Does T-mobile Cover Cracked Screen in T-mobile Insurance?
If you have a cracked screen on your T-Mobile phone, you may be wondering if T-Mobile insurance covers it. The good news is that, Yes, T-Mobile insurance does cover cracked screens, along with a range of other issues that may arise with your device.
T-Mobile offers two types of phone insurance: Protection<360> and Device Protection. Both of these insurance plans cover cracked screens, along with other types of damage, loss, and theft.
With Protection<360>, you can get comprehensive protection for your device, starting at $7 per month, depending on your device.
This plan covers hardware service issues, accidental damage, loss, and theft. If your phone is damaged or lost, T-Mobile will repair or replace it for you.
Device Protection is a more basic insurance plan that covers accidental damage, loss, and theft. This plan starts at $4 per month, depending on your device. If your phone is damaged or lost, T-Mobile will repair or replace it for you.
It’s important to note that there may be a deductible for certain types of claims. For example, if you make a claim for a lost or stolen phone, you may need to pay a deductible before T-Mobile will replace your device. However, there are no deductibles for cracked screens.
How To Claim Insurance for Cracked Screen in T-Mobile?
To claim insurance for a cracked screen on your T-Mobile device, ensure your device is covered by T-Mobile’s insurance plans. Then, file a claim with Assurant, T-Mobile’s insurance provider, either online at mytmoclaim.com or by calling 1-866-866-6285. Pay the applicable deductible, receive a replacement device, and return the damaged device within 10 days to avoid additional fees.
If you have a cracked screen on your T-Mobile device, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim with T-Mobile.
Here are the detailed steps you need to follow:
- First, make sure you have insurance coverage for your device. T-Mobile offers two types of device protection plans: the Insurance Device Protection Plan and the Service Contract Device Protection Plan. If you have either of these plans, you may be eligible to file a claim for a cracked screen.
- Next, file a claim with Assurant, T-Mobile’s insurance provider. You can file a claim online at https://mytmoclaim.com or by calling Assurant at 1-866-866-6285. Be sure to have your device’s make and model, your T-Mobile account number, and your device’s IMEI or MEID number handy when you file your claim.
- Once your claim is approved, you will need to pay a deductible. The amount of your deductible will depend on the type of device you have and the type of protection plan you have. You can find out more about deductibles on T-Mobile’s website at https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/phone-protection-plans.
- After you pay your deductible, you will receive a replacement device. You may receive a new or refurbished device, depending on availability.
- Finally, return your damaged device to T-Mobile. You will need to return your damaged device within 10 days of receiving your replacement device. If you do not return your damaged device, you may be charged a non-return fee.
In summary, if you have a cracked screen on your T-Mobile device, you can file an insurance claim with T-Mobile by following these steps: make sure you have insurance coverage, file a claim with Assurant, pay your deductible, receive your replacement device, and return your damaged device.
What is Covered by T-Mobile Insurance?
If you have T-Mobile insurance, you are protected against a variety of issues that can occur with your phone. Here’s what T-Mobile insurance covers:
- Device Malfunctions: T-Mobile insurance covers device malfunctions, including issues with the hardware or software of your phone. If you experience a malfunction, T-Mobile will work to repair or replace your phone.
- Accidental Damage: T-Mobile insurance covers accidental damage, including cracked screens and water damage. If you accidentally drop your phone or spill water on it, T-Mobile will work to repair or replace your phone.
- Loss and Theft: T-Mobile insurance covers loss and theft of your phone. If your phone is lost or stolen, T-Mobile will work to replace your phone.
It’s important to note that deductibles may apply to certain claims. Additionally, some types of accidental damage may not be covered, such as damage caused by intentional misuse or abuse of your phone.
T-Mobile also offers a screen protector coverage program. If you purchase an eligible screen protector from T-Mobile on the same day you enrol in Protection<360> or after, you can get it replaced in-store at no additional cost. However, this excludes liquid glass screen protectors.
McAfee Security for T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection is provided by McAfee. The service is included with T-Mobile’s Protection<360> plan. This security software helps protect your phone from viruses, malware, and other threats, as well as providing identity theft protection.
How to Book a T-Mobile Screen Repair Appointment?
To book a T-Mobile screen repair appointment, you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the T-Mobile website or download the T-Mobile app on your smartphone.
2. Log in to your T-Mobile account or create a new one if you don’t have an account already.
3. Navigate to the “Support” section of the website or app.
4. Select “Device support” and then choose the device that needs repair.
5. Click on “Screen Repair” and choose the type of repair you need.
6. Select a location for the repair appointment and choose a date and time that works for you.
7. Confirm your appointment details and make the payment for the repair service.
Alternatively, you can also call T-Mobile customer service at 1-800-937-8997 to schedule a screen repair appointment.
How Much You Will Pay to Repair Cracked Screen Through T-Mobile Insurance?
If you have T-Mobile insurance, you may be wondering how much you will have to pay to repair a cracked screen. Fortunately, T-Mobile offers affordable options for screen repair.
If you have Protection<360>®, you can get a cracked screen repaired for $10 – $99. For iPhones, the cracked screen deductible is $29. If you have Device Protection and not Protection<360> then you will have to pay in the range of $10 – $249. If your device has other damage or issues, the cost may be different. Additionally, if you do not have Protection<360>, the cost of a screen repair may be higher.
Overall, T-Mobile offers a cost-effective solution for repairing cracked screens through its insurance program. With a low $29 repair cost, you can get your device back in working condition without breaking the bank.