Having a closed Cash App account can be frustrating, especially if it happens unexpectedly.
Whether your account was closed due to a violation of terms of service, or suspicious activities, or you closed it yourself and want to access it again, there are steps you can take to try to reopen it.
In this step-by-step guide, we will make sure to navigate you through the process of reopening your closed Cash App account with ease!
Step 1: Why Your Account Was Closed?
Before you attempt to reopen your Cash App account, it’s important to understand why it was closed in the first place.
Common reasons include violating Cash App’s terms of service, engaging in prohibited activities, or security concerns like suspected fraudulent transactions.
Step 2: Contact Cash App Support
The first step in the reopening process is to get in touch with Cash App support. You can do this by calling at 1 (800) 969-1940 or using the contact form on the Cash App website. Explain your situation and ask for specific reasons why your account was closed.
Step 3: Verify Your Identity
Cash App may require you to verify your identity to ensure that you are the rightful owner of the account.
This could involve providing personal information, such as your full name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. You may also need to provide a government-issued ID.
Step 4: Resolve Any Outstanding Issues
If your account was closed due to a violation or suspicious activity, you might need to resolve these issues before your account can be reopened.
This could involve repaying any negative balances or providing additional information to clear up any misunderstandings.
Step 5: Follow Up Regularly
After you’ve contacted support and provided any necessary information, follow up regularly to check the status of your account. Persistence can be key to getting your account reopened.
Step 6: Set Up a New Account If Necessary
If, for some reason, you are unable to reopen your old account, you may consider setting up a new Cash App account.
You might need to use different information that wasn’t associated with the closed account. This may include a new email address, phone number, and bank account details. Here’s how you can proceed:
- Download Cash App: If you’ve deleted the app, re-download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign Up for a New Account: Open the app and follow the sign-up process using a new email address and phone number that is not linked to the closed account.
- Link a New Bank Account or Card: During the sign-up process, link a new bank account or card that wasn’t associated with the closed Cash App account.
- Verify Your New Account: Complete any verification steps required by Cash App, including providing your personal information and possibly verifying your identity again.
- Contact Support: Even with a new account, it’s a good idea to contact Cash App support to let them know about your previous account issue and ensure that there won’t be any conflicts with your new account.
Step 7: Take Preventative Measures
Once you’ve managed to regain access to Cash App or have set up a new account, take steps to prevent future closures:
- Read and Follow Cash App’s Terms of Service: Make sure you understand and comply with all of Cash App’s rules and guidelines.
- Secure Your Account: Use a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, and never share your account information with others.
- Monitor Your Transactions: Regularly check your account for any unauthorized activity and report it immediately if something looks suspicious.