Are you facing the Cricket Wireless data not working issue? Are your texts and messages not being sent? Are you unable to use mobile data on your device? Aren’t your browser or social media apps loading?
You don’t have to get worried about it. We provide a complete guide on the causes and fixes for the data not working problem.
Cricket Wireless is one of the wireless service providers based in America. AT&T owns the Cricket Wireless. Customers can get reliable nationwide coverage in the network.
Cricket Wireless is known for its affordable prepaid mobile plans and no-contract services. It offers unlimited calling and texting on its mobile plans. It also provides mobile data and hotspot services.
Cricket Wireless Data problems are a common problem. It happens to a handful of people. You can resolve it with some simple methods.
What Causes Cricket Wireless Data Not Working?
The causes for data not working on Cricket Wireless are network problems, turned on airplane mode, enabled data saver mode, misplaced or damaged SIM card, and incompatible mobile device.
The elaboration of the causes of Cricket Wireless data problems is below.
1. Network Problem
Network problems on your mobile device restrict the Cricket Wireless mobile services. Being in a poor or no network coverage area can be a reason.
The network issues can cause text, calls, mobile data, and hotspot issues. The network might be under maintenance in your area. It can also cause mobile data problems.
2. Turned On Airplane Mode
Airplane mode in your mobile device is used for deactivating the network connection. The Airplane mode is enabled while traveling on the airplane. It is to avoid your network connection interrupting the airplane’s network.
Enabled airplane mode on your mobile device does not allow you to access the network and Internet.
3. Enabled Data Saver Mode
Data saver mode restricts the mobile data usage on your mobile device. It does not allow mobile apps to run in the background.
It also restricts a few apps from using mobile data. It does not allow the sharing of big files or images. It can cause data not working problems.
4. Misplaced Or Damaged Cricket Wireless SIM Card
A misplaced SIM card in your mobile device can be a reason for data not working issue. A misplacement of a SIM card does not allow your mobile to read it. It can cause network and Internet connection problems.
A damaged SIM card causes an issue on your Cricket Wireless network connection. Your device should have a proper SIM card for accessing the Cricket Wireless network.
5. Incompatible Mobile Device
Mobile devices should be compatible with Cricket Wireless for a good network experience. An incompatible mobile device can result in network and technical problems.
Incompatible mobile devices can be due to outdated software or outdated mobile models. You should check if the device is compatible with Cricket Wireless.
These are the five major causes of the Data problem on the Cricket Wireless network. Incorrect APN settings can also cause the issue.
How To Fix The Data Not Working Problem On The Cricket Wireless?
The fixes for the Cricket Wireless data not working problems are enabling the mobile data, toggling on and off the Airplane mode, restarting your mobile device, turning on and off the Cricket Wireless SIM Card, resetting your network settings, turning off the data saver and data limit, recharge a mobile plan, and contact Cricket Wireless Customer Service.
Below are the elaborated methods for the data not working problem on Cricket Wireless. There are eight methods listed in this article.
1. Turn On The Mobile Data
Enabling the mobile data is necessary for accessing the Cricket Wireless Internet. You can turn on the mobile data in your mobile settings or the quick settings/ the control centre.
You can check whether the mobile data is on by looking at the mobile screen. You can check it by looking at the mobile data icon on your mobile device’s upper side.
Steps To Turn On The Mobile Data On Your Mobile Device:
- Keep your mobile screen on.
- Swipe down the screen to see the Control Center on your iPhone device or the Quick Settings on your Android mobile device.
- Spot the Mobile data icon. You can see the mobile data icon on the control centre or the quick settings on your phone.
- Turn on the Mobile data. Select the mobile data icon to turn it on.
- Check the mobile data on your device. Try using the browser or any social media app to check whether the mobile data is on.
You can also turn on the mobile data on the mobile settings. Go to settings, select the network and Internet option, spot the ‘Mobile data’ option, and toggle it on. You can check whether the mobile data is working.
2. Toggle On And Off The Airplane Mode
Toggling on and off the airplane mode will refresh the network connection between your mobile device and the Cricket Wireless network. It disconnects with the network and connects it with a new Cricket Wireless signal.
Steps To Toggle On And Off The Airplane Mode On Your Mobile Device:
- Keep your mobile screen on.
- Swipe the screen down. You will see the Control Center on your iPhone device or the Quick Settings on your Android device.
- Spot the Airplane Mode Icon. The Airplane mode icon is an Airplane symbol. It usually points toward the right side or facing the upper side.
- Turn On the Airplane Mode. Select the Airplane mode icon to turn it on.
- Wait for five to ten minutes. Waiting for five to ten minutes helps you to fix the issue. You can also turn it off immediately.
- Turn the Airplane mode. Follow the same steps as turning on the Airplane mode to turn it off.
- Turn on the Mobile data in your mobile device.
Check the Internet usage on your mobile phone. You can use an online platform to check. We advise you to keep the Airplane mode toggled on for ten minutes.
3. Restart Your Mobile Device
Try restarting your mobile device to fix the data not working problem. Restarting your mobile device will resolve the technical bugs. It also refreshes the network connection, similar to toggling on and off the Airplane mode.
Steps To Restart Your Android Mobile Device:
- Press the Power Button for five to ten seconds. The power button is on the sides of your mobile device. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Spot the Restart Button on the pop-up menu.
- Select the Restart option on the pop-up menu.
- Wait until your mobile powers off.
iPhone mobile phones do not have the restart option. iPhone users can power on and off their mobile devices. It gives the same result as restarting the device.
Steps To Power Off And On Your iPhone Mobile Device:
- Press and Hold the power button. The power button is on the side of your mobile device.
- The “Drag to Power Off” slide will appear on your screen.
- Drag and hold the slide for a few seconds to power off your mobile device.
- Wait until your phone powers off by itself.
- Press and hold the power button to turn it on. You should wait for a few minutes.
Turn on the mobile data on your mobile device after your device powers on. You can check the mobile data is on by seeing the mobile screen’s top.
4. Turn Off And On Your Cricket Wireless SIM Card
You can toggle off and on the Cricket Wireless SIM card to resolve the data problem. It turns off the SIM card services for a while. You can turn it off and on through the mobile settings.
Steps To Toggle Off And On Your Cricket Wireless SIM Card On The Android Mobile:
- Go to Mobile Settings.
- Select the Network And Internet option on the settings.
- Select the SIM Card And Mobile Network option. You can see the option by scrolling the network and internet options.
- Select your Cricket Wireless on the SIM card options. Check whether your Q Link SIM Card is on the SIM Slot one or two.
Steps To Turn Off And On Your Cricket Wireless SIM Card On Your iPhone Mobile Device:
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Go to the Cellular option on your mobile Settings.
- Select your Cricket Wireless SIM Card on your mobile device. There are dual SIM card phones. You can check whether your Cricket Wireless SIM Card is your SIM Card one or two. You can check it on the SIM card settings using the name of the carrier network.
- Turn off the “Turn On This Line” option on the SIM Card options.
- Wait for a few minutes. Wait for five to ten minutes.
- Turn on the “Turn On This Line” option.
Check the network signals after turning on the SIM card. You can turn on the mobile data and access the data after turning off and on your Cricket Wireless SIM Card.
You can check whether you are using the Internet on different SIM cards. You can check if two or more SIM cards are on your phone. You can switch to the Cricket Wireless SIM to access mobile data from the network.
5. Reset The Network Settings
You can reset the network settings to resolve the problem. You should be resetting it when activating your mobile device.
Steps To Reset The Network Settings On Your Android Mobile Device:
- Go to the Mobile Settings on your Android device.
- Go to the System option on your device settings.
- Select the Reset option.
- Select the Reset Network Settings Option from the reset options.
Steps To Reset The Network Settings On Your iPhone Mobile Device:
- Go to the iPhone Settings on your iPhone device.
- Go to the General option on the iPhone Settings options.
- Choose the Reset option from the options.
- Select the Reset Network Settings.
Turn on the mobile data after you reset the network settings. You can check the mobile data usage on your mobile phone.
Check the Access Point Network (APN) settings on your mobile device. You can check it with the Cricket Wireless network.
You can check the APN settings with the below image. You don’t have to worry about other APN settings. Just fill in the given information on your device’s APN settings.
You can check the device compatibility on Cricket Wireless. You can replace your mobile device if it is incompatible with the network. Read the Cricket Wireless Replacement policy for replacement.
6. Toggle Off The Data Saver And Data Limit On Your Mobile Device
Data Saver and Data Limit mode restricts the mobile data usage on your device. It can cause mobile data not to work on the Cricket Wireless network.
Steps To Turn Off The Data Saver And Super Data Saver Mode On Your Android Mobile Device:
- Open the Mobile Settings on your Android device.
- Go to the Network and Internet option on the settings.
- Select the Data Saver option. You will see a few options after selecting it.
- Toggle off the Data Saver Mode.
- Check the restricted data apps if you are facing a data not working problem in a particular app. You can Unrestrict the mobile data to resolve data issues on the apps.
- Spot the Super Data Saver or Monster mode on your mobile device. You can turn it off to resolve the problem.
Steps To Turn Off The Data Limit On Your iPhone Mobile Device:
- Open the iPhone Settings.
- Go to the Cellular option on the settings option. You can search for data mode as well.
- Select the Cellular Data Option on the cellular settings.
- Go to the Data Mode on the iPhone cellular data settings. You will see different data modes.
- Turn off Low Data Mode. You can switch the data mode from the low data to the standard data mode to turn it off.
Turn on the mobile data on your mobile device and check the usage. You can also check the data speed by searching for the Internet speed test on the browser.
7. Recharge A Mobile Data Plan Or Add-On On Your Cricket Wireless Account
You should check your current mobile plan on your Cricket Wireless account. You should also check the data balance on your account.
You can check your current mobile plan and data balance on the My Account online. You can sign in to your account and check your current balance.
You can also use the My Cricket App to check your mobile data balance. You should sign in to your account. Then you can recharge a mobile plan or add-on data.
8. Contact Cricket Wireless Customer Support
You can contact Cricket Wireless Customer Support for assistance. You can contact them if the above methods don’t fix the data problem.
You can also contact them to recharge an add-on data or mobile data plan by contacting the customer support team.
You can dial 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) on your mobile device. You can state your data not working issue to them.
You can dial 611 and follow the instructions to connect with a customer service representative. You can also reach them through the My Account app.
You can visit the Cricket Wireless Contact Us website. You can connect with them online on the web page. You can also go to a Cricket Wireless physical store nearby.