Airalo, a popular eSIM provider specializing in international data plans for travellers, occasionally encounters activation issues that result in the message “Activating” being displayed for extended periods or the eSIM becoming stuck in the activation process.
This persistent issue can stem from various factors, including poor connectivity, incompatible devices, incorrect APN settings, server-related problems, account or billing complications, software or firmware discrepancies, and regional restrictions.
To resolve these problems, users are advised to ensure stable internet connectivity, verify device compatibility, configure accurate APN settings, contact customer support for server-related concerns, verify account status, update software and firmware, and confirm service availability in their region.
Why Airalo Keeps Saying Activating Or Airalo eSIM Stuck On Activating?
Airalo’s eSIM activation issues, such as being stuck on “Activating,” can be caused by connectivity problems, incompatible devices, incorrect APN settings, server glitches, account or billing issues, software/firmware conflicts, or regional restrictions.
Below is a detailed explanation of why Airalo keeps saying activating or Airalo eSIM is stuck on starting:
Airalo is an eSIM provider that offers international data plans for travellers. When using Airalo’s eSIM service, customers may encounter situations where the eSIM activation process gets stuck or repeatedly displays the message “Activating” without completing the activation successfully.
1. Connectivity Issues
One common reason for the “Activating” message or being stuck in the activation process is poor or unstable network connectivity.
Since eSIM activation requires a stable internet connection, disruptions or weak signals can hinder the process. Ensuring a strong and stable internet connection during the activation process is essential.
2. Incompatible Device
Another possible reason for the activation issue is an incompatible device. Airalo’s eSIM service supports a wide range of devices, but some devices might need to be compatible with their eSIM technology. In such cases, the activation process may fail or get stuck indefinitely.
3. Incorrect APN Settings
Access Point Name (APN) settings are critical for eSIM activation. APN settings define how a device connects to the mobile network and accesses the internet.
If the APN settings are incorrect or not configured, the activation process may encounter errors or fail to complete. Users should ensure that the correct APN settings provided by Airalo are entered into their devices.
4. Server Issues
Sometimes, the activation process may be disrupted due to server-related issues on Airalo’s end. It could be due to maintenance, upgrades, or temporary technical glitches.
In such cases, the “Activating” message may persist, or the activation process may fail. Users can contact Airalo’s customer support for assistance and to check for any known server issues.
5. Account or Billing Problems
Activation issues can also arise if there are problems with the user’s Airalo account or billing information.
It is essential to ensure that the version is in good standing and there are no outstanding payments or account-related issues that could hinder the activation process.
6. Software or Firmware Incompatibility
Software or firmware-related issues on the device can also lead to activation problems.
Outdated software versions or incompatible firmware might not support the eSIM technology or cause conflicts during activation.
Keeping the device’s software and firmware up to date can help avoid such issues.
7. Regional Restrictions
Some eSIM providers may have regional restrictions or limitations on their service.
If a user tries to activate Airalo eSIM in a region where the service is not supported or available, the activation process may fail or get stuck indefinitely.
How To Fix Airalo Keeps Saying Activating Or Airalo eSIM Stuck On Activating?
To fix Airalo activation issues, verify your internet connection, restart your device, configure APN settings, check device compatibility, update device software, disable VPN/proxy, try alternative activation methods, and contact Airalo customer support for assistance.
Below are detailed explanations of how to fix Airalo eSIM stuck on activating:
1. Verify your Internet Connection
Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. A poor or unstable internet connection can hinder the activation process of the Airalo eSIM.
Connect to a Wi-Fi or strong cellular data network before activating the eSIM.
2. Restart your Device
Sometimes, a simple device restart can help resolve temporary glitches or issues. Restart your device and try activating the Airalo eSIM again.
3. Configure APN Settings
Access your device’s settings and navigate to the APN (Access Point Name) settings. Enter the correct APN settings provided by Airalo. Make sure the configuration is correct.
To Change Your APN (Access Point Name) Settings For Airalo Esims, You Can Follow The Instructions:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Navigate to the Cellular/Mobile Data section.
- Select your eSIM under Cellular/Mobile Data Plans.
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data Network.
- In the Cellular/Mobile Data APN field, enter the new APN settings specified in the eSIM installation details.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to the Network & Internet section.
- Select Mobile Networks.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Enter the new APN settings precisely as specified in the eSIM installation details.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, contact Airalo’s customer support for help.
4. Check Compatibility
Confirm that your device is compatible with eSIM technology. Not all devices support eSIM functionality, so checking your device’s specifications and ensuring that it supports eSIM activation is essential.
You Can Check The Compatibility Of Airalo’s Esim With Your Phone By Following These Steps:
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to view the Carrier Lock section.
- If your device is unlocked, it will show “No SIM restrictions.”
- Scroll down to Available SIM (iOS 15 or later) or Digital SIM (earlier iOS versions).
- If your phone supports eSIMs, it will show a 15-digit IMEI number.
For Android Devices
- Since Android is an open-source operating system with customization options by manufacturers and carriers, compatibility may vary.
- The best way to determine if your Android device is eSIM-compatible is to check with the manufacturer, reseller, or network provider.
- You can also check your device settings for eSIM options or look for an EID (Embedded Identity Document Number) by dialling *#06# and pressing call. If your device is eSIM-compatible, you should be able to view your EID number.
5. Update your Device Software
Outdated device software can sometimes cause activation issues. Check for any available software updates for your device and install them.
Updated software often includes bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve activation problems.
6. Disable VPN or Proxy
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) or proxy connections can interfere with the eSIM activation. Disable any active VPN or proxy connections on your device before activating the Airalo eSIM.
To disable VPN or proxy on iOS and Android:
- iOS: Open Settings > VPN > toggle off the active VPN connection.
- Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN > Tap the active VPN connection, then toggle it off or disconnect.
7. Try an Alternative Activation Method
If the previous steps mentioned in the Airalo blog post didn’t resolve the compatibility issue with your phone and Airalo’s eSIM, you can try an alternative activation method. Airalo offers multiple activation options to ensure flexibility for users. Here’s what you can do:
Scanning a QR code:
- Airalo provides QR codes for easy activation if your device supports QR code scanning.
- When purchasing an eSIM from Airalo, you will receive an email with detailed instructions.
- Follow the instructions to find and scan the QR code using your device’s camera or a QR code scanning app.
- The QR code contains the necessary information to activate your eSIM.
Entering an activation code manually:
- If scanning the QR code doesn’t work or your device doesn’t support it, Airalo also allows manual activation.
- You will find an activation code in the email from Airalo after purchasing the eSIM.
- Open your device settings related to eSIM activation or cellular settings.
- Look for an option to enter the activation code manually.
- Follow the prompts and enter the activation code provided by Airalo.
- This will initiate the activation process for your eSIM.
By trying the alternative activation method, scanning a QR code, or entering the activation code manually, you can successfully overcome compatibility issues and activate your Airalo eSIM.
8. Contact Airalo Customer Support
If you have followed all the above steps and cannot activate the Airalo eSIM, it’s recommended to contact Airalo’s customer support for assistance.
They can provide further guidance, troubleshoot the issue specific to your account, and offer personalized solutions.