There can be various reasons for changing your phone number which include but are not limited to relocating to a new city or area, receiving too many spam calls, and security reasons.
Assurance Wireless lets you change your number without hassle when you switch to its service.
Assurance Wireless is a service provider and runs a government benefit program that aims to provide affordable wireless services to low-income groups.
So, if you are wondering how can you change your Boost Mobile phone number then read on.
This guide will discuss reasons to change the number and how to change the Assurance Wireless phone number.
What Are The Reasons To Change Assurance Wireless Phone Number?
If you want to change your Assurance Wireless phone number then there can be multiple reasons which include relocating to a new area, getting too many spam calls or changing numbers for security reasons.
Below are the detailed reasons for changing Boost Mobile phone number:
If you are moving to a new city or area then you can change the phone number and service provider to get the best service in that area and to also manage your costs.
The cost of plans and taxes may be lower in your new area so check the rates and network coverage properly before changing your phone number from Assurance Wireless or changing your number to Assurance Wireless.
2. Spam Calls
Another reason to change the Assurance Wireless phone number is that you are receiving too many unwanted calls and are tired of it.
Changing the phone number will give you a fresh start and your new number will also not receive any spam calls.
3. Security Reasons
You may keep your number private and only share it with your family and close friends to avoid getting any unwanted calls for security reasons.
You can change your Assurance Wireless phone number to another carrier or vice-versa. Then share it with selected people to keep your number private.
How To Change Assurance Wireless Phone Number?
To change your Assurance Wireless number, you can log in to your Assurance Wireless account and select change phone number. After that select the new number, confirm and activate. You can also contact their customer service to assist you with the phone number change.
Below are the detailed steps Assurance Wireless phone number change:
- Open the Assurance Wireless website.
- Login to your account using account details.
- Then, select the option of “Change Phone Number”.
- Enter your previous phone number after which you will be provided a choice of new numbers.
- Select your new number and then you will be asked to provide the necessary documents.
- Upload the documents proof and ensure that your current phone number is working so that you can receive the code. You may need to enter the code after document verification.
- Now, confirm the code and then click on continue.
- When you get the new phone number, you need to activate it.
You can now activate your new number by clicking “activate” and then following the on-screen instructions. Once you activate the new number, your old number will not be available.
To start the activation process of Assurance Wireless, following are the steps:
- Follow any on-screen instructions.
- Dial 611 to reach voice instructions to start activation.
- On the approval letter by Assurance Wireless, you will find the PIN.
- Enter the PIN when prompted to proceed with activation.
Contact Assurance Wireless Support
You can also change your Assurance Wireless phone number by contacting their customer care and speaking to the representative to assist you with the phone number change. You can call on 1-888-898-4888 to speak with the representative.