Are you looking to port out your Assurance Wireless number to another carrier? There is an easy process to port out your number without any trouble.
But you should know the prerequisites for the porting out process which you can gather before applying for port-out of Assurance Wireless number.
If you are wondering what are the prerequisites of porting out numbers on Assurance Wireless and what you should keep in mind, read on.
This article will also discuss the steps to port out your Assurance Wireless number.
What Are The Prerequisites For Porting Out From Assurance Wireless?
Before you start the porting out process on Assurance Wireless, you should find a new carrier, ensure your number is eligible for transfer and keep the Assurance Wireless account and service active.
Below are the detailed prerequisites for porting out the Assurance Wireless number:
1. Find A New Lifeline Service Provider
You should select a new carrier or the Lifeline service to which you want to port out your number.
When selecting the Lifeline service provider ensure that they have strong network coverage in your area and also offer affordable plans.
2. Check Number Eligibility
You also need to check with the new service provider if your number is eligible to port. Some carriers have rules and your number may not be eligible.
So, you should first check with your new carrier to ensure it is eligible.
3. Keep Your Assurance Wireless Number And Service Active
You should also keep your number and service active with Assurance Wireless even during the port-out process.
What To Keep In Mind While Porting Out From Assurance Wireless?
The most important thing to do is to keep your Assurance Wireless account number and PIN handy to provide it when required during the porting out process. You require your account number and PIN whenever you make changes to your Assurance Wireless account and also when you port out.
Below is the description of the Assurance Wireless account number and PIN:
1. Account Number And PIN
Assurance Wireless account number is a unique 10-digit number that is assigned to you to identify and manage your account.
Assurance Wireless PIN is a unique 6-digit code that is needed for your identity verification when you make changes or manage your account. You create your account PIN during the application process of Assurance Wireless.
You can find your Assurance Wireless account number and PIN in your confirmation or welcome letter, online in your Assurance Wireless account or by calling customer support.
Below are the detailed steps to find the Assurance Wireless account number and PIN:
- When you first sign up for the Assurance Wireless service you receive a welcome letter or confirmation letter. This letter contains your important account information including your account number and PIN.
- You can also log in to your Assurance Wireless account to get your Assurance Wireless account number and PIN. After logging in to your account, you can navigate to your account or profile settings. When you see the profile, look for your account number and PIN.
- If you do not find your account number and PIN on your welcome letter or online account, you can contact Assurance Wireless customer support at 1-888-321-5880 to get guided assistance.
2. Check The Eligibility Criteria Of New Lifeline Service
Before you transfer from Assurance Wireless you should also check the eligibility criteria for the new Lifeline service provider.
The eligibility criteria of all Lifeline service provider is usually the same. However, you should still check the eligibility criteria of your new Lifeline service provider to see if you qualify for it.
How To Port Out From Assurance Wireless?
To port out from Assurance Wireless, you should contact Assurance Wireless and inform them that you want to port out to a new lifeline service. Provide your details to the representative and fill out the form to show your eligibility for the Lifeline program. Contact customer support of the new Lifeline service provider to let them know you want to port in and provide your details to proceed with the transfer process.
Below are the detailed steps to port out from Assurance Wireless to another Lifeline service:
- Contact Assurance Wireless customer support at 1-888-321-5880 to inform them that you want to transfer to another Lifeline service.
- The representative may ask you to fill out a form to show that you are still eligible for the Lifeline program.
- You may be asked to fill out a “Request for Change” form to ensure that you are transferring from Assurance Wireless to another Lifeline service. The switching process may take time and till then you are entitled to continue using the Assurance Wireless service.
- Call customer support of the new Lifeline service provider to speak with a representative and let them know about the port in.
- The representative will confirm your request after verifying your eligibility criteria and identity. You have to provide information like full name, date of birth, telephone number, address and last 4 digits of your SSN to prove your identity.
- After providing information and verifying eligibility, you may be prompted to provide written or oral consent that you want to transfer from Assurance Wireless to another Lifeline service.
- You will also lose all the benefits from Assurance Wireless. Also, mention the acknowledgement of not being able to use more than one Lifeline service in one household.
- Submit the documents to the new Lifeline service provider to show your eligibility proof of using the Lifeline program. Also, attach the document that shows you are the only one using Lifeline service in your household.
- After you submit the documents, the Lifeline service provider will contact Assurance Wireless to confirm and inform them about the port-out process.
- Log in to the National Lifeline Accountability Database and click on the “Transfer NLAD benefit”.
- Enter your details to confirm your identity. Click on “Transfer Benefit” and confirm by clicking on “Yes”.
- When the transfer process is in progress you will be de-enrolled from Assurance Wireless and will be labelled as “de-enrolled” because of the port-out process.
- When you are on board with the new Lifeline service provider you will be again labelled as “enrolled” in the Lifeline benefit program as a result of the port-out.
- You can inform Assurance Wireless about the successful completion of the transfer so that they can close your account and stop all the benefits.
- There may be some interruptions in the service as a result of the port-out process. After the port-out process is complete you can enjoy the new Lifeline service.
If you face any issues after the port-out of Lifeline service, contact customer support of your new Lifeline service provider to get them resolved immediately.
Describe your issue in detail so that the representative can assist you and provide guidance to resolve your issue.