Meta Quest app sharing is a convenient feature that allows multiple users to share apps and games on the same device.
However, sometimes app sharing on Meta Quest may not work as expected.
This can be frustrating for users who rely on this feature to share their favorite apps and games with family and friends.
In this article, we will discuss how to fix Meta Quest app sharing not working, so you can get back to enjoying your shared apps and games with ease.
How to Fix Meta Quest app sharing not working?
To resolve the issue of the Meta Quest app sharing not working, you should restart your headset, make sure that app sharing is turned on, check if the app allows sharing, ensure that you are using the latest software, and lastly, factory reset the headset.
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Restart Your headset
Restarting the headset is a common troubleshooting step that can help resolve many issues with Meta Quest, including problems with app sharing.
This can help clear any temporary glitches or errors that may be causing the issue.
To restart your Meta Quest headset, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the right side of the headset until the power menu appears.
- Select Restart from the power menu.
- Wait for the headset to turn off and then turn it back on again.
2. Check App Sharing Settings
When you encounter issues with Meta Quest app sharing not working, the first step in troubleshooting is to check the app sharing settings.
This is because sometimes the app-sharing feature may be turned off, preventing you from sharing your VR apps with other users on the same device.
To check the app sharing settings, you need to access the Oculus settings menu. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller to bring up the universal menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu.
- Select Settings in the top right corner.
- Select Accounts from the left menu.
- Select App Sharing.
- Make sure that App Sharing is turned on.
3. Check if the app allows sharing
Another troubleshooting step to take when you encounter issues with Meta Quest app sharing not working is to check if the app you are trying to share allows sharing.
Not all VR apps are compatible with app sharing, so it’s important to make sure that the app you want to share is designed to be shared.
To check if an app allows sharing on your Oculus Quest, follow these steps:
- Go to the Oculus Store.
- Find the app you want to share.
- Scroll down to the Compatibility section.
- Make sure that the app is marked as “Shareable.”
4. Check for software updates
Checking for software updates and ensuring that your Oculus Quest software is up to date is another troubleshooting step that can help resolve issues with Meta Quest app sharing not working.
To check for software updates on your Oculus Quest, follow these steps:
- Connect your Oculus Quest to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select About.
- Select Software Update.
- If an update is available, select Download and Install.
5. Factory reset your headset
If you have tried all other troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues with Meta Quest app sharing not working, you may need to factory reset your headset.
Factory resetting your headset will erase all data and settings on the device and restore it to its original state.
This can help resolve issues that may be caused by corrupted data or other software issues.
To factory reset your Meta Quest headset, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Device.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the reset.
6. Contact Customer Support
If you have tried all other troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues with Meta Quest app sharing not working, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.
Oculus has a dedicated support team that can help you with any issues you may be experiencing with your headset, including issues with app sharing.