Airalo is a renowned provider of eSIM services, offering convenient and flexible mobile connectivity to travellers worldwide. However, some users need help activating their eSIMs through Airalo’s platform.
Despite its reputation for seamless activation, some customers have encountered obstacles during the process. These challenges may include technical issues, incompatible devices, or network-related complications.
Resolving these activation problems promptly ensures a smooth and satisfactory user experience.
Airalo is actively working to address these concerns and provide comprehensive support to users encountering difficulties when activating their eSIMs.
Why is Airalo Unable To Activate eSIM?
Airalo may be unable to activate an eSIM due to unsupported devices, incompatible carriers, incorrect eSIM profile, network issues, software issues or due to temporary service outages.
Below is a detailed explanation of why Airalo may be unable to activate an eSIM:
1. Unsupported Device
Airalo’s eSIM service may not be compatible with your device. eSIM functionality is relatively new, and not all devices support it.
Ensure that your device model is on Airalo’s list of supported devices. If not, consider alternative eSIM providers or switch to a physical SIM card.
2. Incompatible Carrier
Airalo’s eSIM service operates in partnership with specific mobile network carriers. If the carrier associated with the eSIM is not supported in your location or by your device, you may encounter activation issues.
Check if the carrier has coverage in your area and if your device is compatible with the carrier’s network bands.
3. Incorrect eSIM Profile
When activating an eSIM, you need to download and install the correct eSIM profile onto your device.
If you mistakenly select the wrong profile or there is an error during the profile installation process, the eSIM activation may fail. Make sure you have the correct profile for your desired carrier
4. Network Connectivity Issues
Stable internet connectivity is very important for eSIM activation. If you have a weak or unreliable internet connection, it may prevent Airalo’s activation process from being completed successfully.
Ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection before activating the eSIM.
5. Device Software Issues
Outdated software on your device can interfere with eSIM activation. Ensure that your device’s operating system updates are up to date. Check for any available updates and install them before activating the eSIM.
6. Temporary Service Outage
Occasionally, eSIM activation issues can occur due to temporary service outages from Airalo or the carrier.
It is advisable to check Airalo’s website or contact their customer support to inquire if any known service disruptions or maintenance activities could affect eSIM activations.
How To Fix Airalo Unable To Activate eSIM?
To fix Airalo’s eSIM activation issue, ensure device and carrier compatibility, download the correct eSIM profile, maintain a stable internet connection, update device software, remove previous eSIM profiles, verify account details, and contact Airalo support if needed.
Below is a detailed explanation of how to fix the issue of being unable to activate an eSIM:
1. Check Device Compatibility
Ensure that your device is compatible with Airalo’s eSIM service. Verify if your device model is listed as supported on Airalo’s website.
To Determine If Your Phone Supports Esim Technology, You Can Follow These Steps:
Check your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to the Carrier Lock section.
- If your device is unlocked, it will show “No SIM restrictions.”
- Scroll down to Available SIM (iOS 15 or later) or Digital SIM (earlier iOS versions).
- If your phone supports eSIMs, it will display a 15-digit IMEI number.
Check your Android device:
- Since Android is an open-source operating system, eSIM compatibility can vary depending on the manufacturer, reseller, or network provider.
- To determine if your Android device supports eSIM, you can check with the manufacturer, reseller, or network provider.
- You can also explore your device settings for eSIM-related options.
Check your Google Pixel:
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet.
- Tap eSIM Cards.
- If “Connect to a Mobile Network” has a “Download a SIM instead?” option, your device is eSIM-compatible.
Check your Samsung device:
- Go to Settings > Connections.
- Tap SIM Card Manager.
- If “Add Mobile Plan” is available, your Samsung device supports eSIM.
- Check your Huawei phone
- Go to Settings.
- Tap About Phone.
- Tap Show EID.
- If you see an EID number, your Huawei phone is eSIM-compatible.
2. Check Carrier Compatibility
Confirm that the carrier associated with the eSIM is supported in your location and compatible with your device’s network bands. Check if the carrier has coverage in your area.
To check the network coverage for a specific country using Airalo eSIM, visit their website, select the country’s package under “Local eSIMs,” and scroll down to “Additional Information” to view the network information.
3. Download the Correct eSIM Profile
Make sure you have the correct eSIM profile for the desired carrier. Follow Airalo’s instructions to download and install the eSIM profile onto your device.
Here Are the Steps to Download and Install The eSIM Profile from Airalo:
- Log in to your Airalo account.
- Go to the eSIM activation section.
- Select your desired carrier from the available options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the download of the eSIM profile.
- Once the eSIM profile is downloaded, go to your device settings.
- Locate the “Mobile Data” section.
- Choose “Add Mobile Plan” to begin the installation process.
- Select the option to scan the QR code or enter the activation code provided by Airalo.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation of the eSIM profile.
- Once the eSIM profile is installed, your device should be ready with Airalo’s eSIM service.
4. Check For Stable Internet Connection
You need to make sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection.
For this you need to connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network or use mobile data with a good signal strength.
5. Update the Device Software
Check for any available software updates for your device. Install the updates to ensure that your device is running the latest version.
To update your device’s software, go to the settings menu and look for the “Software Update” or “System Update” option. Tap on it to check for available updates and follow the prompts to download and install the latest software version.
6. Contact Airalo Support
If you have followed the above steps and are still trying to activate the eSIM, contact Airalo’s customer support. Provide them with specific details about your issue, and they can assist you further.