Are you thinking of buying an Xfinity eSIM for your device?
Or maybe you have already bought one but now you are confused regarding how you can activate it on your device. If that is the case then we are here to help you!
eSIM is a SIM that can replace the physical SIM on your phone. Unlike physical SIM Cards, you will not have to put them inside your phone.
You can activate the eSIM Card online after buying it and then just install it on your phone.
In this guide, we will be going through every step that you need to take to activate and install your eSIM card without hassle on your device.
Things to Prepare Before You Activate the eSIM
There are certain things that you need to prepare before you buy an eSIM and try to activate it on your device. We have listed those in detail below.
1. Wireless and Fast Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a strong and fast internet connection as the eSIM activation takes place over the internet.
If you don’t have the internet enabled in your device or have a poor connection then you will not be able to activate the Xfinity eSIM Card.
2. Check For Device Compatibility
Not all devices are compatible with eSIM. If your device is not compatible then it is impossible to activate the eSIM Card in your device.
You can find out whether the device is compatible by reading the guidebook provided by the manufacturer.
Xfinity eSIM is supported in iPhones and new devices for now so make sure that is what you have before you buy an eSIM.
3. Update Phone Software
Your Phone software is also needed to be updated if you want to activate eSIM in your phone.
You can easily update your phone software by going to the Settings of your phone and then updating the OS from there.
How to Activate Xfinity eSIM Card?
You will have to activate the eSM online so enable your wifi and then visit the activation page.
- Log in or sign up on the Xfinity Activation Page.
- Select the device that you want to activate the eSIM on.
- Choose the option that you want from Keep Your Existing Number or I Want A New Number. (If you choose the former then you will have to provide the Account Number and the Transfer PIN details from the carrier before.)
- Choose Activate to start the process of activation. ( The process can take more than an hour so wait patiently).
- After the process has finished you will be receiving an email that will have your account details.
How to Install Xfinity eSIM Card?
There are a few different ways through which you can install your eSIM on the device.
Method 1: Use the Push Notification
After you have activated your eSIM, you will be able to see a notification at the top of your device, tap on it.
Open Settings and choose Xfinity Mobile Cellular Plan Ready To Be Installed.
Tap on Continue and Done and your installation process is complete for Xfinity eSIM. You can now use it as you like.
Method 2: Use the Site Address
You can also install the eSIM through the site address if you aren’t able to see the notification at the top of your device.
- Turn on the wireless internet on your device.
- Go to Settings and then Cellular.
- Choose to Add Cellular Plan and select Enter Details Manually.
- In the option SM-DP+ Address enter gsmacct.vzw.otgeuicc.com.(Leave the other options blank, no need to enter anything there).
- Select Next and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
FAQ: How to Check Xfinity Mobile Activation Status?
You can go to the website of Xfinity Mobile and log into your account. There you will be able to see the activation status.
FAQ: Why is Xfinity Mobile Activation Taking a Long Time?
The activation process could take from 10 minutes to an hour. There is no need to panic if your eSIM does not get activated soon. You can wait for some time and see if it gets activated. If it doesn’t then please contact the Support Team of Xfinity Mobile and they will be able to help you out.