Are you also wondering how to use Turnitin without a class?
Turnitin is a popular software tool amongst educators and educational institutions that assist them in detecting similarities among students’ academic papers.
It is a powerful tool to ensure academic authenticity and integrity, and as such is highly trusted by academicians and educators alike.
Due to its reliability and wide use, many are now wondering how to use Turnitin without a class.
If you are one of them, read on to find out how!
How To Use Turnitin Without a Class?
You can use Turnitin without a class by using its Quick Submit feature.
However, unfortunately, this is only a feature available for educators and teachers, but not the students.
As such, if you are a student, you will not be able to use this feature.
In fact, many educational organizations highly recommend students to not submit their work to Turnitin before the actual submission, as this could lead to a skewed similarity report.
How To Use Quick Submit on Turnitin?
Quick Submit is a feature by Turnitin that allows teachers to use Turnitin without a class or assignment to submit the student’s work.
However, this feature is not turned on by default and thus needs to be enabled manually before it is used.
How To Turn On Quick Submit on Turnitin?
To enable Quick Submit, follow the steps as given:
- Log into your Turnitin account.
- Click on your Profile in the horizontal menu at the top of the screen.
- This will take you to User Information/Account Settings.
- Under the option Activate quick submit, change the setting to Yes.
- Click on the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- The Quick Submit tab will then be visible on the Home page.
You will then be able to use the Quick Submit feature on Turnitin whenever you want to check a paper without assigning a class.
How To Submit a Paper With Quick Submit on Turnitin?
To use Quick Submit to turn in a paper, follow the steps as given below:
- Go to the Turnitin Home page.
- Click on the Quick Submit tab.
- This will open the Quick Submit page
- Click on the Submit button under the tabs.
- Select the databases that you want to run your similarity check against for the paper you are submitting.
- Click on Submit.
- This will take you to the Single File Upload page.
- Enter the information required in the given fields.
- Select the file you wish to submit. You can either upload directly from your computer, or from your Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Click on the Upload button.
- This will show you a preview window with the file and the information you have entered.
- Click on Confirm.
- This will show you a confirmation message and your digital receipt for the submission.
Your paper has now been submitted to the Turnitin database, and you will be able to view the similarity report for the file.
How To View Similarity Report With Quick Submit on Turnitin?
Once you have submitted your paper using Quick Submit, you can immediately go and check the similarity report.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
- After clicking on Confirm and getting the confirmation message, click on the Go to assignment inbox button at the bottom of the screen.
- This will take you to the assignment inbox section under Quick Submit.
- You will be able to view all the recent assignments you have submitted on Turnitin using Quick Submit.
- Reload the page to load the similarity report.
- Click on the percentage number next to the assignment to view the similarity report in detail.
You will then be able to review the similarity report for the file that you have submitted.
Please note that once you have uploaded a file to Turnitin, it will permanently be part of the database.
It will not matter if you delete the file from your account, as it will still remain recorded in the larger Turnitin database.
As such, if you or your students submit the file again, it will show a high similarity percentage, which in turn will skew the similarity report greatly.
As such, users are often advised not to submit their files onto Turnitin if they wish to avoid this issue from happening.