If you’re an iPhone user, you’re probably aware of the many settings and features that come with iOS 17. However, did you know that there are some settings that you NEED to change immediately?
These settings can help you get the most out of your iPhone, improve your privacy and security, and make your device more user-friendly.
In this article, we will explore some of the most important iOS 17 settings that you should change right away.
We’ll cover everything from privacy and security settings to camera and Siri settings. By the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of how to customize your iPhone to suit your needs and preferences.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in and explore some of the most essential iOS 17 settings you need to change immediately.
iOS 17 – 20 Settings You NEED to Change Immediately!
If you’ve just upgraded to iOS 17, there are a few settings you need to change immediately to get the most out of your iPhone or iPad.
Here are the top 20 settings into iOS 17 you should change right away:
- Enable Dark Mode – To enable Dark Mode, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Dark. This will change the color scheme of your iPhone to a darker theme, which can be easier on your eyes and save battery life.
- Customize Control Center – Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls to add or remove shortcuts to your Control Center. You can add shortcuts for things like screen recording, flashlight, and more.
- Turn on Low Power Mode – To save battery life, go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode and turn it on. This will reduce the amount of power your iPhone uses and can help your battery last longer.
- Enable App Library – The App Library is a new feature in iOS 17 that automatically organizes your apps into categories. To enable it, go to Settings > Home Screen > App Library Only.
- Turn off App Tracking – To protect your privacy, go to Settings > Privacy > Tracking and turn off Allow Apps to Request to Track. This will prevent apps from tracking your activity across other apps and websites.
- Enable Automatic App Updates – To keep your apps up to date automatically, go to Settings > App Store > Automatic Downloads and turn on App Updates.
- Customize Siri – Go to Settings > Siri & Search to customize how Siri works on your iPhone. You can change the voice, language, and more.
- Enable Silence Unknown Callers – To reduce the number of spam calls you receive, go to Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers and turn it on. This will send calls from unknown numbers straight to voicemail.
- Disable In-App Ratings and Reviews – To stop apps from asking you to rate and review them, go to Settings > App Store > In-App Ratings & Reviews and turn it off.
- Customize Your Home Screen – To customize your home screen, press and hold on an app until it starts shaking. You can then move apps around, create folders, and more.
- Enable Find My – To locate your iPhone if it’s lost or stolen, go to Settings > Your Name > Find My and turn it on.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling – To make calls over Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and turn it on.
- Enable Emergency SOS – To quickly call for help in an emergency, go to Settings > Emergency SOS and turn it on.
- Turn on iCloud Backup – To back up your iPhone automatically, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup and turn it on.
- Customize Notifications – Go to Settings > Notifications to customize how notifications appear on your iPhone. You can change the sound, vibration, and more.
- Turn off Auto-Correction – If you don’t like the way Auto-Correction works, go to Settings > General > Keyboard and turn off Auto-Correction.
- Enable Do Not Disturb While Driving – To reduce distractions while driving, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Do Not Disturb While Driving and turn it on.
- Customize Auto-Lock – To change how long your iPhone waits before locking the screen, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication – To protect your Apple ID, go to Settings > Your Name > Password & Security > Two-Factor Authentication and turn it on.
- Turn off Shake to Undo – If you find Shake to Undo annoying, go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Shake to Undo and turn it off.
By changing these settings, you can get the most out of your iPhone or iPad and make it work the way you want it to.