Are you having trouble topping up your Revolut account because your top-up was declined?
It can be frustrating when you need to add funds to your account, but your transaction is not going through.
In this article, we will explore some of the common reasons why your top-up may have been declined and provide you with practical solutions to fix the issue.
How to Fix revolut your top up was declined?
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Check your Internet connection
Ensure your device is connected to the internet and that the connection is stable.
Use another device to confirm if the internet issue is isolated from the original one.
If there’s no connection on multiple devices, try restarting your router to resolve any temporary connectivity issues.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check The Used Card Details
Ensure that all card details entered are correct. A simple typo in the card number, expiration date, or CVV can cause the transaction to be declined.
When checking your card details, it’s also important to make sure that the name and billing address you’ve entered match the information associated with the card.
Inconsistencies in this information can often trigger a decline.
Additionally, if you’ve recently received a new card, it’s worth double-checking that you’re not using outdated information from an old card, as this is a common oversight that can lead to declined transactions.
3. Check The Card Status
Make sure that your card has not been blocked or reported as lost or stolen.
If your card has been inadvertently blocked by your bank or card issuer for security reasons, you may need to contact them to have it unblocked.
Similarly, if your card was reported as lost or stolen, either by mistake or due to fraudulent activity, you will need to verify your identity and possibly request a new card to continue with the top-up.
4. Update the Revolut App
Ensure that your Revolut app is up to date. Sometimes, bugs in the software can cause issues with top-ups.
Updating the app can fix these bugs and restore functionality.
5. Use Alternative Methods
Try using another top-up method, such as a bank transfer or enrolling your debit card on Google Pay or Apple Pay and then topping up using these services.
Additionally, digital wallets like Google Pay or Apple Pay are often processed differently by financial systems and can bypass issues related to direct card payments, increasing the likelihood of a successful top-up.
6. Clear Cache and Data
Clearing the cache and data for the Revolut app can fix issues by removing any temporary files that may have become corrupted and causing the app to malfunction.
This refreshes the app’s environment, potentially resolving glitches or stalls that could affect during top-ups.
Steps to Clear Cache and Data your device:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on Revolut’s app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on Revolut’s app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall Revolut’s app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
7. Contact Revolut Support
If none of the above steps work, reach out to Revolut’s customer support for assistance.
They can provide insights into why the top-up was declined and help resolve the issue.