Are you facing the frustrating “Social Platform Keeps Stopping” error on your Oculus Quest 2?
The error message generally suggests that there’s a problem with the social features of the Oculus software.
The full error message reads: “Social Platform keeps stopping”
In this article, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to fix the error.
How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 social platform keeps stopping?
If you are facing an issue with the social platform stopping make sure that you update the Quest Software and try clearing the cache and data.
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Restart Your Device
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches that might be causing the social platform to stop.
Restarting your Oculus Quest 2 can often resolve temporary software issues by clearing the system’s RAM and giving the device a fresh start.
Steps To restart your Oculus Quest 2:
- Press and hold the power button on your headset for at least 10 seconds to turn it off completely.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Turn the headset back on and check if the problem persists.
2. Update Oculus Quest Software
Updating the software on your Oculus Quest 2 can also fix issues with the social platform by applying the latest patches and improvements from the manufacturer.
New updates often include bug fixes that address system stability and app performance.
Here are the steps to update Oculus Quest 2:
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your Oculus Quest 2.
- Select ‘System‘ to access system settings.
- Choose ‘Software Update‘ to check for available updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install any updates.
3. Clear social platform Cache and Data
Accumulated cache and data can sometimes lead to performance issues.
Clearing the cache and data associated with the application can help resolve the issue.
Here are the steps to clear cache and data:
- Go to the headset’s settings.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Find the social platform app.
- Select it and then clear the cache and data.
4. Factory Reset headset
If the above steps don’t work, a factory reset may be necessary.
This will erase all data on your device and return it to its original settings, so it’s recommended to back up any important data before proceeding.
Here are the steps to reset the headset:
- Turn off the headset.
- Hold the power and volume down buttons together until the boot screen loads.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Factory Reset” and press the power button to select it.
- Confirm the factory reset and wait for the process to complete.
5. Contact Meta Quest Support
If none of the above steps work, you should contact Meta Quest Support for further assistance.
They can provide additional troubleshooting steps and, if necessary, service your headset.