Are you ready to switch to a new number and wondering how to change your Mint Mobile number? Then you are in luck as Mint Mobile offers an easy process to change your number.
To change your number you just need to buy a new Mint Mobile plan and a new sim card to activate your new number.
To understand the process of changing your Mint Mobile number you can read this guide to know the steps to change the number.
This guide will describe what are the prerequisites to change your Mint Mobile number and how can you change it.
What Do You Need To Change Your Mint Mobile Number?
Before changing your Mint Mobile number, the most important thing you need is details of your current subscription plan and the number that you want to change.
Other things that you need are mentioned below.
1. Mint Mobile Subscription plan
Purchase a new Mint Mobile plan from the variety of plans that they offer to open your account for a new number.
2. Get A New Mint Mobile Sim
To get a new number you need to purchase a new Mint Mobile sim card. If you decide to keep the old number you will still need a new sim.
3. Phone That Is Unlocked
You need an unlocked phone to change a number. If it is locked then you can either get it unlocked following the current service provider’s unlocking policy or get a new unlocked phone.
4. Current Carrier Details
If you are changing your number from another service provider to Mint Mobile then keep your current carrier details for the transfer process by Mint Mobile.
How To Change Your Mint Mobile Number?
After you ensure that you have all the prerequisites then you can start the following steps to change your Mint Mobile number.
1. Purchase New Mint Mobile Plan And Sim Card
The first thing to do is purchase a new Mint Mobile plan from the different subscription plans they offer that best suit your needs. This will get you a new sim card.
To buy a new Mint Mobile plan and sim card,
- Open Mint Mobile Subscription Plan.
- Choose the Plan.
- Click on “Buy Now” to purchase the new plan and proceed to checkout.
- Next, enter your zip code and address for your sim kit.
- Now, wait till you receive the sim kit for activation.
2. Get Your Current Subscription Plan Information
After you purchase a new Mint Mobile plan and have received a sim kit then you should get all the information from a different carrier.
The bill of your current subscription plan will have all the necessary information which are:
- Name and Address of the Subscriber
- Account Number
- Transfer Pin or password.
- Account pin or password.
If you do not find any information then you can call your carrier to get it.
3. Open Mint Mobile Activation On The Website Or App
After gathering information along with the new Mint Mobile plan and sim card, now you can start the activation process.
- You can activate the number on the Mint Mobile website or its app.
- Open the Mint Mobile Activation Page.
- Enter the ACT code available on the new sim card.
- Next, click on “Get Started” and then “Port My Number”.
- Finally, enter the information that you gathered from another carrier.
4. Update APN Settings
Ensure that you have the correct APN settings after you have applied for the activation process with Mint Mobile.
You can check Mint Mobile’s APN settings for iOS and Android phones.
- Open “Settings” on your phone.
- Then tap on “Cellular” and select “Cellular Data Options” or “Mobile Data Options”.
- Tap on “Network Provided Settings”.
- Select “Mint Mobile”.
- Open “Settings” on your phone.
- Then tap on “Connections” and then “Mobile Networks”.
- Tap on “Access Point Names” and then “Add”.
- Enter Mint Mobile’s APN settings information in the field provided.
5. Complete The Process
Now that you have completed all the steps you can wait to receive a text confirmation from Mint Mobile about your activation process.
You will receive a welcome text and an email from Mint Mobile which will confirm the Mint Mobile number change.
6. Contact Mint Mobile Help Center
If you have tried all the steps but face any issue with number change then you can contact Mint Mobile customer care by calling (800) 683-7392 which is available seven days a week from 5.00 am to 7.00 pm. You can also chat with them which is available 24/7.