Are you having trouble accessing your Navy Federal account due to the reference code VAL002?
This error can be frustrating and prevent you from completing important transactions.
The full error message reads: “Unable to Proceed We are unable to complete your request. In order to continue, you will need to contact Navy Federal at 1-888-869 0122 Reference Code: VAL002“
In this article, we’ll provide you with straightforward, step-by-step instructions to fix the issue so you can get back to your banking tasks
How to fix Navy Federal Reference Code val002?
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If you encounter the Navy Federal reference code VAL002, first ensure that your internet connection is stable, as a poor connection can sometimes cause unexpected errors during verification processes.
steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Might Be You have Answered Incorrect Secret Questions
If you’re experiencing the VAL002 error while attempting to use features like Zelle, it’s likely an indication that the secret questions you answered were incorrect.
Secret questions are an additional security measure used to verify your identity. Incorrect responses can trigger security protocols that result in the VAL002 error.
To resolve this, you may need to reset your secret questions. This isn’t something you can typically do on your own through the online interface; instead, you will need to reach out to Navy Federal’s higher level tech team.
They have the authority to reset your secret questions and guide you through setting up new ones. This ensures that your account remains secure while also allowing you to regain access to your banking features.
The most reliable way to reset your security questions is by contacting Navy Federal Credit Union directly. You can reach them 24/7 at 1-888-842-6328
3. Opt for “remember your device” during Log in
The VAL002 error may also arise from issues related to 2-step verification, a security feature that adds an extra layer of protection by requiring two forms of identification before access is granted.
If you find that you are being asked for 2-step verification each time you log in, you can streamline the process by opting to “remember your device” during the 2-step verification process or by adjusting your profile settings. This can help minimize the frequency of verification prompts.
4. Contacting Navy Federal Credit Union
Should the error persist after you’ve tried these steps, the next course of action is to get in touch with NFCU directly for support.
You can contact them at 1-888-842-6328, where customer service representatives are available to assist you with any issues related to the VAL002 error or other concerns with your account.