Users may send and receive money using the Cash App, a well-liked mobile payment application.
Although the app has many features and advantages, some users could run into a problem where Cash App won’t let them add paper money to their account.
We will look at the causes of this issue in this article and offer remedies to fix it.
Why Cash App Won’t Let You Add Paper Money
There are several reasons why the Cash App won’t let you add paper money.
1. Issue with the Barcode
One can add paper money to a Cash App with the help of going to a retailer. With the use of a barcode, they let you add paper money to the App.
If paper money is not added, then there can be issues with the barcode given to you by the retailer.
2. Limit on Adding Paper Money
You can deposit up to $1,000 per rolling 7 days and $4,000 per rolling 30 days. If you are not adhering to this, then it can be one reason you can’t add more paper money to your Cash App. Each deposit must be a minimum of $5 and cannot exceed $500.
These limits are based on a rolling time frame. Cash App will send you a notification with further details if you reach a deposit limit.
3. Compliance with Regulations
Like other financial organizations, Cash App is subject to stringent rules set by the government. These rules frequently call for strict restrictions to stop fraud, money laundering, and other illicit acts.
Cash programs can retain compliance with these laws and a secure environment for their customers by limiting the program to digital transactions.
How to Fix Cash App Won’t Let Me Add Paper Money
If you’re trying to add paper money to your Cash App account and encountering difficulties, there are various fixes to let you add paper money:
1. Update the Cash App
There may be a problem with the Cash app if you’ve cleaned its cache and data but need help adding paper money. You want to upgrade your Cash app to the most recent version in these circumstances. This is how you do it.
- Go to your device’s Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Cash App in the top search box and choose it.
- The update option will be visible on the screen. Just select Update from the menu if one is there.
- Wait until your smartphone has thoroughly updated the Cash app.
- Launch the Cash app once more, try adding some paper money, and then see whether the problem has been fixed.
2. Restart your Smartphone
You must restart your smartphone if you cannot add paper money to your Cash App. You can resolve the issue with your Cash app by continuing the device, after which you can add paper money to the Cash app once more.
Try this simple repair on your device to see if it fixes the issue. This could fix other little bugs and problems with the device.
3. Inspect your Internet Connection
If you cannot add paper money to the Cash app on your phone, a simple alternative is to check your internet connection. It would help if you had an active internet connection to utilize the Cash app’s features, such as sending money to other users, adding paper money, and more. Some customers said that resetting the internet connection could add paper money to the Cash app.
4. Delete Cache Data for Cash App
Ensure you adhere to the instructions below if attempting to delete the cache and data for the Cash app on your Android device.
To refresh the app and add paper money to your Cash app, try emptying the cache and data.
- Visit the Settings section of your smartphone.
- Press the Apps or Apps & Notifications button.
- Now choose Cash App from the displayed list of applications by tapping on See all Apps > Find.
- Opt for Storage and Cache.
- Select Clear Cache by tapping on it.
- Next, select Clear Storage from the menu.
- Open your Cash App once more to look for the problem.
5. Disabling the VPN and Proxy
Many customers have reported that turning off their devices’ VPNs and proxies enables them to input paper money into the Cash app once more.
You may immediately disconnect the VPN or proxy connection from the relevant program or remove it if you use them for other purposes on your phone. This is the procedure.
- Go to the Settings section of your device’s app.
- Select Network & Internet from the menu, or use the search box to look up VPN.
- Select the VPN option, then deactivate the toggle next to it.
6. Install the Cash App Again
It’s time to remove and reload the Cash app if you’ve updated it, disabled your phone’s VPN and proxy, and still can’t add paper money.
You will then be allowed to add paper money to the Cash app once more after uninstalling and reinstalling the Cash app. Here is how to remove and then reinstall the Cash app.
- You must first remove the Cash app from your phone. To accomplish this, go to the home screen, choose the Cash app, hold down the button to uninstall it (the delete icon), and then select the OK option to confirm.
- Next, open your iPhone or Android device’s Google Play Store or App Store.
- In the search box, type “Cash App” and click it.
- Select “Install” from the menu.
- Your device will start downloading and installing the Cash app. Please be patient for a moment.
- Launch the Cash app when you’re done, then log in using your credentials. Make sure you log in with the proper information. Check to see whether the problem has been fixed by trying to add the paper money to your Cash app once again.
7. Contact the Support Team
After using the solutions above, it is time to contact customer service if you cannot add paper money to your Cash app. They will offer the top troubleshooting techniques you may use on your phone to resolve the Cash app issue. So don’t think twice and get in touch with me right now.