Zelle is a popular peer-to-peer payment service that enables users to send and receive money from their bank accounts.
However, there may be situations where you need to cancel a Zelle payment that you’ve already sent. Fortunately, Zelle provides an option to cancel payments, but it’s important to understand the limitations and requirements of this feature.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to cancel a Zelle payment, including how to check if a payment is eligible for cancellation and what to do if the recipient has already enrolled with Zelle.
- Log in to your Zelle account: You can do this by visiting your bank’s website or mobile app, or by accessing the Zelle app directly.
- Navigate to your payment activity: This should show you a list of all the payments you have sent and received through Zelle.
- Find the payment you want to cancel: If the payment is still pending, you should see an option to cancel it.
- Find the payment you want to cancel: If the payment is still pending, you should see an option to cancel it. Select the payment you want to cancel, and then choose the “Cancel This Payment” option. If the payment has already been processed, this option will not be available.
- Confirm that you want to cancel the payment: You may be asked to provide a reason for cancelling the payment. Once you have confirmed the cancellation, the payment will be removed from your activity list.
It’s important to note that you can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to has not yet enrolled with Zelle.
If the recipient has already enrolled, the payment cannot be cancelled. Additionally, if the payment has already been processed, you will need to contact the recipient directly to request a refund.