Depop, the trendy online marketplace for fashion enthusiasts, offers a vibrant platform for buyers and sellers to connect over unique, second-hand fashion finds.
When it comes to selling on Depop, one of the key elements that can make or break your success is the quality of your photos.
Each image you upload serves as a digital shop window for your items, enticing potential buyers with a glimpse of what’s on offer.
In this article, we’ll guide you through sending photos on Depop, drawing inspiration from Depop’s recommendations for creating captivating listings through exceptional photography.
Let’s dive in and learn how to showcase your fashion treasures in the best possible light.
1. Install the Depop App
Before sending photos on Depop, you need to install the Depop app on your mobile device. It is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Once the app is installed, open it and log in to your account or create a new one if you haven’t already.
2. Create a Listing
To send photos on Depop, you must first create a listing for the item you want to sell. Follow these steps to create a listing:
- Tap the ‘Sell’ button: You’ll find this option in the app’s bottom menu.
- Add photos: Tap the camera icon to add photos of your item. You can select photos from your device’s gallery or take new ones using the app.
- Upload at least 4 photos: Depop recommends adding at least four high-quality photos of your item. To ensure your photos meet the platform’s guidelines, refer to Depop’s official tips for taking great photos of your listings.
3. Upload High-Quality Photos
Depop places great importance on the quality of your photos. High-quality images can help your listing stand out and attract potential buyers.
Here are some tips for taking great photos of your listings, as per Depop’s official guidelines:
- Use natural light: Whenever possible, take photos in natural daylight. This will help capture the true colours and details of your item.
- Avoid harsh shadows: Ensure your item is well-lit but without strong shadows. Soft, diffused lighting works best.
- Focus and framing: Make sure your item is focused and takes up most of the frame. Eliminate distracting backgrounds.
- Consistency: Keep the style and composition of your photos consistent across your listings for a professional look.
- Photo quantity: While Depop recommends at least four photos per listing, consider adding more to showcase your item from various angles and highlight specific features.
- Show any flaws: If your item has flaws, show them honestly in your photos. Buyers appreciate transparency.
- Edit your photos: Use basic photo editing tools to enhance your images’ brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
4. Add Details and Description
After uploading your high-quality photos, you’ll need to provide essential details about your item:
- Title: Create a descriptive, concise title for your listing.
- Description: Write a detailed description that includes information about the item’s condition, size, brand, and any unique selling points.
- Price and shipping: Set your desired price and specify shipping options.
- Categories and tags: Select the appropriate category and add relevant tags to help potential buyers find your listing.
5. Publish Your Listing
Once you’ve added all the necessary details and high-quality photos, tap the ‘Publish’ button to make your listing live on Depop.
6. Sharing and Promoting
Promoting your Depop listings is essential for success.
Share your listings on your social media platforms, engage with your followers, and consider using Depop’s promotional features to reach a wider audience.