Are you facing the frustrating issue of your Meta Quest 3 controller not responding, whether it’s the left or the right one?
This can significantly disrupt your immersive virtual reality experience.
In this article, we’re going to tackle the problem head-on, providing you with a variety of solutions to get your Meta Quest 3 controllers back in action.
How to Fix Meta Quest 3 Left/ Right Controller Not Working?
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Check the Batteries
The first and simplest step is to check the batteries in your Meta Quest 3 controllers.
If the batteries are low or depleted, the controllers may not function correctly. Replace the batteries with new ones to see if this resolves the issue.
Make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly, observing the proper orientation.
2. Check for Physical Damage
Inspect your controllers for any signs of physical damage. If you’ve dropped the controllers or they’ve experienced a strong impact, there might be internal damage that’s affecting their performance.
In such cases, you might need to contact Meta support for repairs or replacements.
3. Perform a Hard Reset
Sometimes, a hard reset on the controllers can resolve the issue.
To do this, remove the batteries from the controller for at least 30 seconds before reinserting them. This can help reset the controller’s internal hardware.
Steps to perform a hard reset on the Meta Quest 3 controller after battery replacement:
- Power off the Meta Quest 3 headset.
- Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds until “Restart” option appears.
- Release the power button when you see “Restart“.
- Use the volume buttons to select “Restart“.
- Wait for the headset to finish rebooting fully.
- Repair the controller through the Devices menu or Oculus app. Test the controller functions once paired again.
4. Check For Meta Quest 3 Update
Ensure that your Meta Quest 3 headset and controllers are running the latest firmware. Firmware updates can resolve bugs and improve performance.
Here are the steps to check for and install updates on your Meta Quest 3 headset:
Using the Meta App:
- Open the Meta app on your smartphone while ensuring that your headset is powered on.
- Select your headset and navigate to “Headset Settings.”
- Open “Advanced Settings” and select “Software Update” to check for the current software version. If a new version is available, a button to download the update will appear.
Using the Headset:
- Press the Meta logo on the right side of your controller to bring up the menu.
- Navigate to “Settings” and select “System.”
- Scroll down to “Software Update” and check for available updates. If a new version is available, you can initiate the update from this menu.
5. Re-Pair the Controllers
If the controller is not working, you can try to unpair it from your headset and then re-pair it.
This process refreshes the connection and can often resolve connectivity issues
Here are the steps to re-pair the Meta Quest 3 controller:
- Turn on the Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Controllers > Pair New Controller.
- Select the left or right controller to pair it.
- Follow the instructions for the specific controller.
6. Contact Meta Support
If none of the above steps work, there may be a more complex issue at play.
In this case, reaching out to Meta’s support team is the best course of action. They can provide additional troubleshooting steps and, if necessary, start a warranty claim for your controllers.