Dark mode has gained immense popularity among users due to its sleek and eye-friendly design.
Instagram, one of the most widely used social media platforms, offers a dark mode feature that enhances the visual experience.
However, there might be instances when you prefer to switch back to the light mode.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of changing from dark mode to light mode on Instagram for both Android and iPhone devices.
How to Change Dark Mode to Light Mode on Instagram
To turn on dark mode for Instagram on different devices, follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile or profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile.
- Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- In the Settings menu, tap on “Accessibility.”
- Look for the option labeled “Dark mode” and tap on it.
- You can turn dark mode on or off by tapping the switch next to “On” or “Off.” Alternatively, you can choose “System default” to align Instagram’s dark mode with your device’s settings.
Note: Make sure your Android device’s operating system is updated to at least Android 10 to access this setting within the Instagram app.
- Go to your iPhone’s device settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- Look for the “Appearance” section.
- Tap on “Light” to switch to light mode or “Dark” to enable dark mode for your entire device, including the Instagram app.
Note: Dark mode cannot be directly turned on or off within the Instagram app for iPhone. Enabling dark mode in your iPhone’s device settings will activate it for multiple apps, not just Instagram.